Please thoroughly read the Merkin Pastoral Pty Limited (‘Merkin’) Terms and Conditions. We ask that you do not use our website or service until you have familiarised yourself with these Terms and Conditions. If you are using or have used our service, it is understood that you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this document. If you visit or use any of our companies other websites we ask that you do not use that website or service until you have familiarised yourself with those Terms and Conditions. If you are using or have used those services, it is understood that you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this document.
“we”, “us”, “our” means Merkin Pastoral Pty Limited (”Merkin”) of P O Box 1242 , Noosa Heads QLD 4567, Australia or if you are using or have used any of our other companies websites we refer you to that website’s policy. It can also include Advisor Plus Pty Ltd, BoxRED BSP Ltd, BoxRED Corporate,Investor Signals, Merkin Management Pty Ltd, Pinefilm Entertainment,The Merkin Group or TMG.
“you”, “your” means the person accessing the website and/or subscribing for or purchasing the service as an organiser, attendee, consumer, seller or in any other capacity.
“service” means the content and related goods and services offered by us from time to time.
“website” means the website operated by us for the purpose of providing the service.
To the extent that we are bound by the provisions of the many Commonwealth and State Privacy Legislation and the National Privacy principles we will observe and comply with them.
In providing the service we enlist the services of various third parties, consultants and contractors.
Your personal information held by us or our consultants, contractors or agents in various places (including in places outside of Australia) including on a database (depending on your form of contact with us) may include:
- information submitted by you as part of any registration or transaction or subscription process such as your legal name, or known name, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, Horizon user name and/or password
- details on your use of the service (such as content and goods and services purchased)
- a record of your visit to our website such as your server address, your domain name, the date and time of your visits, the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded, the previous site you visited and the type of browser you are using.
You may also provide information to us about other people and if you do so, you should obtain their permission to do so.
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you access and browse our website
- when you subscribe to register for any goods or service
- when you use or purchase any goods or service
- when you contact us
- when you pay for any goods or service
- from third parties such as financial institutions and credit reporting agencies when undertaking checks in relation to billing, payment and credit checks
- from publicly available sources of such information
- to verify your identity and the veracity of other information provided
- when legally required to do so.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information:
- so we can provide the service to you pursuant to your agreement (if any) with us
- to ensure you abide by your agreement with us
- to make credit and credit card checks
- to bill and collect debts
- for website usage analysis
- for planning, research, product development and/or strategic, financial or other business purposes
- to promote and market any goods or service and third party products and services to you (by direct mail, via email, telemarketing, SMS, MMS or any other media). We do this to keep you informed of our goods and services, the goods and services of third parties and/or special offers. If you do not wish us to promote or market any goods services to you, please:
- carefully consider and select any options provided to you to “opt in” or “opt out” during any purchase or registration process for any goods or service; or
- contact us at email@example.com
- to provide to people or organisations outside of our organisation including our consultants, contractors, agents and/or third party suppliers with whom we have arrangements from time to time in relation to the service. We may provide your personal information to these people or organisations (some outside of your country) to help us with the above
- to provide to Government and/or Regulatory Authorities and/or Law Enforcement Agencies in accordance with their lawful duties
- to provide to our content suppliers and other rights holders in relation to content, including in relation to anti-piracy reporting and action
- to your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested to do so)
- to use as required or permitted by Law or for us to protect our legal rights, for instance by Court Order or in litigation
- to your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested to do so)
Right of Access
You may ask us to access your personal information in certain circumstances provided by Law (subject to exceptions allowed by Law). We ask you to put any such request in writing and pay any reasonable fees levied by us for this.
Our Billing Procedure for Memberships/Subscriptions/Purchases
You will be billed at the time you register online for your membership/subscription/purchase, via the Bendigo Bank Secured Payment Gateway or any other Gateway. Upon successful completion of your payment transaction, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address supplied by you, with the option to print a GST compliant Tax Invoice/Receipt for your personal records.
Our Refund Policy for Memberships/Subscriptions/Purchases
Should circumstances prevail where you wish to cancel your membership/subscription/purchase where you have already registered, please refer to the terms and conditions of the website or to arrange any applicable refund.
Our Billing Procedure for Event Registration
You will be billed at the time you register online for an event, via the Bendigo Bank Secured Payment Gateway. Upon successful completion of your payment transaction, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address supplied by you, with the option to print a GST compliant Tax Invoice/Receipt for your personal records.
Our Refund Policy for Event Entrants
Should circumstances prevail where you wish to deregister for any event where you have already registered, please please refer to the terms and conditions of the website or to arrange any applicable refund.
Our Intellectual Property
Our website remains the property of Merkin Pastoral Pty Ltd at all times. The coding, programming, website designs, graphic design and intellectual property making up the site is owned by us.
Websites from Merkin can not be used to disseminate, communicate, store or transmit:
- content sexually-explicit in nature
- information that contains virus, worms or malicious elements
- Copyright infringing data
- trade secret protected data
- data that infringes on any intellectual property, publicity rights or privacy rights
- is defamatory, harassing or threatening
- relates to illegal business operations or schemes
- contains deliberately misleading, incomplete or deceptive content
- is deemed inappropriate by Merkin
Fair Use Policy
We employ a fair use policy to our Websites. If we believe, for any reason, that you are behaving in a manner expected of a Merkin customer, then we reserve the right to terminate your account – effective immediately.
We make every effort to ensure that our website, online help and all of our services are online 24×7 every day of the year. However, this will not always be the case as there are times when our website will be down, sometimes in circumstances that we cannot control. When our service is offline we will do our best to get it online as soon as possible. We will not be held responsible for damage, events or losses directly or indirectly related to our website being offline.
We will not be held liable for any action or inaction relating to our service. We offer our unique service at highly competitive rates. We believe that our system is highly secure from the actions of hackers, viruses and other problems on the internet but can make no guarantees. It is up to you to back-up and ensure the integrity of your data offline. If your website is offline then please contact us and we will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as possible. We will not be liable for loss of sales, leads or reputation from using our service.
This Website is governed by the Laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. Any dispute arising from the use of this Website will be settled in this jurisdiction.
Copyright© 2007 Merkin Pastoral Pty Limited. All Rights Reserved. All artworks used are copyright protected and are the property of their respective owners. Logos & other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
If you have any concerns about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organisers and Sporting Associations
Organisers and Sporting Associations and other similar business customers should refer to the RegMe Pty Limited Terms & Conditions found under the Organiser section of that website for the Terms & Conditions as they specifically relate to Organisers and Sporting Associations and other business to business customers.