9th April Significant Investor Visa Conference
This Post has Comments Off on 9th April Significant Investor Visa Conference
An estimated $6 billion in annual inflow will equate to one sixth of the entire superfund industry net inflows last financial year, and one half of SMSF net inflows. This represents a significant opportunity for Australian firms when considering the large number of industry participants now active in the nation’s superfund and SMSF sectors.
Australia first SIV conference, sponsored by One Investment Group, Perpetual, Holding Redlich, NAB Private Wealth, Moelis & Company, Moore Stephens, and Macquarie Bank, has been developed to capture this opportunity. Details are below.
With more than 570 attendees at six previous SIV seminars in Australia and Hong Kong they are expecting a solid turn-out at this event, which will enable you to…
- Network with potential distribution agents and investment providers
- Hear speakers from Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia
- Meet a delegation of 20 UHNW investors from China, organised by RichLink, Beijing
- Gather intelligence to build your SIV business strategies
- Gain insights into the UHNW in China and Asia
- Become a ‘first mover’ in this new but fast developing market
The $6 billion estimate comprises $5 billion invested into Australian funds and businesses each year from SIV, and another $1 billion into high-end residential homes outside SIV allocations. (For detailed calculations of the $6b in SIV flows and superfund / SMSF flows, please click here.) ‘Complying’ funds are ASIC regulated managed funds investing in Australian equities, property, fixed income, & infrastructure amongst others.
‘Leveraging benefits’ are also available via SIV. For example, Australian fund managers can form joint ventures with their SIV investors to participate in China’s new funds and financial markets industry. Australian exporters can leverage the distribution channels of their SIV investors to boost sales in Asia.
Another benefit is that there is no dominant group of ‘gate-keepers’ between SIV investors and Australian investment/business providers, meaning distribution channels are wide open. In addition, a ‘sell to one = sell to many’ benefit exists due to the personal networks between the high-net-worth in China and Asia generally.
Delegates will include Australian-Asian firms with distribution channels into the region, fund managers, property firms, corporate and business advisors, proprietary companies, private bankers, investment advisors, immigration agencies and industry service providers.
Basis Point look forward to meeting you on 9 April 2013 at the Hilton Hotel, Sydney.
1.45 Coffee and registration.
2.30 Introduction. Frank Tearle, Co-Founder & Director, One Investment Group (Platinum sponsor)
2.35 Welcome remarks. The Hon Andrew Stoner, Deputy Premier & Minister for Trade and Investment
2.45 An update on SIV opportunities and technical issues.
- David Chin, Managing Director, Basis Point
- Maria Jockel, Partner & Leader of National Immigration Law Group, Holding Redlich (Gold sponsor)
3.15 Insights into China’s high-net-worth.
- Jason Zheng, Chairman, RichLink, Beijing
3.35 Panel discussion 1. Insights into China’s HNW; how they invest, what they look for.
- Jason Zheng, Chairman, RichLink, Beijing
- Adrian Jenkinson, Chief Marketing Officer, Wealth-X, Singapore
- Stone Wang, CEO, Artemis Energy Solutions & P.E entrepreneur, Shanghai/Sydney
- Moderator – Shane Rudd, NAB Private Wealth (Silver sponsor)
4.10 Afternoon tea
4.40 Panel discussion 2. How to reach the HNW networks in China and Asia.
- Ken Chung, SVP, Vision Investment Management, Hong Kong
- Michael Guo, CEO, VIG Sydney/Beijing
- James Burkitt, Founder, The Table Club, Sydney
- Moderator – David Chin, Basis Point
5.20 Panel discussion 3. Complying investments, structures and opportunities for SIV investors
· Allan Mortel, Partner, Moore Stephens (Silver sponsor)
· James Tong, Executive Chairman, Secvest Capital, Sydney/Beijing
· Xanthe Virtue, Division Director, Macquarie Funds Group
· Moderator – David Chin, Basis Point
5.55 Closing remarks. Chris Green, Group Executive, Corporate Trust, Perpetual Ltd (Gold sponsor)
6.00 Cocktail party
Early-bird. Before COB 31 March. $385 per delegate inclusive of GST
1 April onwards. $420 per delegate inclusive of GST. Cut-off is 5 April, 2013
Please register online via www.basispoint.com.au