Changing Tastes: Australian Food and Agriculture M&A Sector Spotlight, 5th March Hong Kong
This Post has Comments Off on Changing Tastes: Australian Food and Agriculture M&A Sector Spotlight, 5th March Hong Kong
Mergermarket in conjunction with King & Wood Mallesons and National Australia Bank have invited us to the “Changing Tastes: Australian Food and Agriculture M&A Sector Spotlight” breakfast panel discussion, which is to be held on March 5th at Island Shangri-La hotel, Hong Kong with leading experts in the M&A field who will explore the trends and opportunities in investing into Australian food and agriculture. Topics to be discussed :
•What are Australia’s key strengths that make it an ideal destination for inbound M&A? And what trends across Asia-Pacific are driving foreign interest to invest in Australia’s food and agriculture sectors?
• Where has the bulk of inbound deal flow traditionally originated from? Going forward, what other jurisdictions are showing a growing appetite for Australian agricultural M&A?
• Will M&A in food-related sectors closely mirror shifting consumer tastes for finished products, or will they follow more strategic rationales such as investments in technology and raw materials?
• What funding channels are investors utilizing as they pursue M&A in Australia? How receptive have banking institutions been to financing these acquisitions? And what are the key factors influencing funding going forward?
• What measures must domestic policy makers implement to make Australia more accessible and attractive to foreign investment?
• What are the main obstacles – cultural and regulator – that foreign investors must overcome to be successful in executing M&A in the agriculture sector in Australia? And what role does public opinion play in determining whether deals reach completion?
• With volatile prices, as well as unstable weather, how do investors best navigate risks associated with investing in the agricultural sector? And what other risks need to be considered?